Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Late Night Retail Therapy Calling....Damage Done!

Free People (Boucle Textured Jacket)




ZARA SALES




Great way to kick off 2012 with some much needed online retail therapy.  The current sales are difficult to resist.  Much of the after Christmas sales were a huge disappointment. :(  Now, retailers are moving old merchandise to make room for their Spring 2012 collections.  This does not bode well for a SHOPAHOLIC or does it?!? O.o  Some damage was done...but, hey, they are all well deserved items.  All were watched/stalked with great care and finally seeing them on sale gave me the incentive to "pull the trigger".  

My current obsession are shoes done in velvet/velour (as you can see).   I literally screamed when I saw the Penelope Chilvers Chelsea boots....they're simply BEAUTIFUL!!!  I remember wearing Dr. Martens in my high school/university days (ah! memories) loved them then and love them now.  These are a "grown up" version, I originally wanted the red pair, however, my size was sold outNot long after posting this (the next day), I received the red pair...thanks to my wonderful brother.  Will be returning the black pair. A girl can never have too many shoes, right?  The Ash 'Nina' Boots caught my eye during a google search for another item.  It was destiny (really?!?)...these will be my go to boots.

The Zara items are self explanatory...love of store + sale =  shopping spree. ^_^  The pattern on the Navajo print pants/trousers are a stand out...can't wait for them to arrive.  I tried them on in store (weren't on sale) and instantaneously fell head over heels!!! The sweaters/jumper/cardi jacket are staples in any wardrobe.  The red sweater/jumper in particular is a great alternative to the Isabel Marant sweater seen here.  The Reversible Waistcoat is another stand out piece.  I had to get it as it can be layered with so many things especially during  winter here in New York.  That is, should it get cold here...it's been unusually warm for January.  

I also purchased a jacket and coat from Free People seen here and the other from Maison Scotch via Gilt Groupe seen here.  Both are reminiscent of the Isabel Marant jacket/coat seen here and here.

That's it for now....headed off to bed.  Just thought I'd share my finds.

Christina
xxx











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...