Monday, September 19, 2011

New York Fashion Week Spring 2012 (cont.)


 What can be said that hasn't already been said about Hervé Léger dresses....the FIT IS TO DIE FOR!!!  Max and Lubov Azria designs impress me season after season. For Spring 2012, the line showcased a warrior/tribal princess vibe utilizing metallics mixed with white, black, taupe, and burgundy. If you haven't had the chance to try one on...I strongly suggest you do. These dresses are SPANX on steroids. 

Jill Stuart's Spring 2012 collection was completely wearable.  I loved the entire line...while I'm no fan of pink (not a girlie girl) even I would wear those pieces.  The color palette including fabrics used was pleasing to the eye.  Two thumbs up....quite lovely. 




Monique Lhuillier is the go to designer for red carpet and wedding gowns.  She knows how to make every woman look perfect in her dresses with her slim form fitting technique.  For Spring 2012, there was more of an edge to her collection.  I loved the bold primary colors used from blue, yellow, black, white and hot pink.  The gowns at the end were jaw dropping...AMAZING!




You can always count on Marc by Marc Jacobs for that everyday look....this collection was no exception.   Marc by Marc Jacobs was my first designer purchase while in college/university.  The man is BRILLIANT!  This season was more grown up in tailoring and silhouette than in the past.  There were several pieces shown that I would love to own including the sneakers/trainers (above).  So many things to buy.....so little time. 


Ralph Lauren Spring 2012....one word STUNNING!  Upon viewing two images popped into my head Flappers from the 20's and The Great Gatsby.  The entire collection was soft, light, and airy (ETHEREAL).  Mr. Lauren does it again....only better.  I'd kill to own one of those gowns shown towards the end.  They're SICK! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...